You will need identification documentation, your last three proof of income statements and where necessary a Wohnberechtigungsschein (a certificate proving your right to live somewhere) for the city of Erlangen
A Wohnberechtigungsschein is an official certificate. A tenant can use it to demonstrate their right to move into publicly-funded housing. The Wohnberechtigungsschein is issued by the housing authority. (1)
(1) Contact the municipal housing agency at the town hall (Rathausplatz 1, 4th floor, room no. 416 or 420) You can contact staff members on (+49 9131) 86-2506, 86-2598, 86-1586 or 86-1583. Contact them by email at email@example.com.
During the accommodation handover, your consultative partners at GEWOBAU document the facilities of the flat and any potential issues. At the same time, you will receive a report with all of the meter readings. (1)
(1) Please look after this report carefully. It acts as a receipt and ensures that you are not liable for the listed faults or damages when you move out.
The deposit serves as a guarantee for us, if we have outstanding claims relating to services not carried out. The deposit totals three months basic ren (1)
(1) You must pay the deposit within the first three months of the start of your contract. If you have complied with all of the obligations in your rental agreement when moving out, we will transfer the total amount back to you, including interest.
In addition to the basic rent and utility costs (1) that are to be paid to GEWOBAU, there are also heating and electricity costs to pay. Depending on the facilities of the flat, there may also be costs for cold and warm water, as well as for gas.
(1) Utility costs are costs that are incurred by the owner through use of the property. Included in utility costs are street cleaning, irrigation and drainage, chimney sweeping, refuse collection, property and indemnity insurance, garden maintenance, snow and ice removal.
You can make use of the cost-effective car sharing offers. You only pay for service costs. We cover the cost of the deposit, joining fee and membership fee for the first year for you! You can sign up here.
Step 1: To register, see the registration guidelines
Step 2: Download the registration confirmation under “Documentation”
Step 3: Application to car sharing club and submission of registration confirmation // what do you need to register with the car sharing club?
In the house rules, we have outlined the most important rules to enable our tenants to coexist well with each other. The house rules apply to all tenants and are part of your rental contract (1)
(1) You will receive a copy of the house rules upon the conclusion of your rental agreement. You can find the house rules in the download area.
In principle, you are permitted to sublet your flat. You must have our approval to do so. More information is available in the tenants' portal. (1)
(1) In the tenants' portal, go to “Create message”. In order to sublet, you must pay an additional monthly charge of five Euros. Our consent to sublet initially applies for one year.
Please contact us via the tenants' portal. Our housing complexes have central locking systems. You are therefore unable to have more keys made yourself.
Structural changes (tiling work, replacing the bath or shower) are possible in principle. Please get in touch with us via the tenants' portal before starting any work.
Please refer directly to our repair service team on the telephone number (+49 9131) 124 150. They will then deal with the issue.
You can report a fault at any time to Kabel Deutschland on the number +49 800 5266625, to M-Net on (+49 951) 4073911 or on +49 800 7080810 to M-Net Fibre Optic Connections.
Please get in touch with us via the tenants' portal. We will be happy to answer all of your questions.
Barbecuing on your balcony is allowed in principle. However, you may only use an electric grill.
You may keep pets in principle. A prerequisite for this is written permission and a responsible attitude to looking after the animals. You do not need permission to keep small animals such as birds, hamsters or ornamental fish, for example. Dangerous, poisonous or large animals are categorically forbidden.
You may use washing machines and tumble dryers between the hours of 8am and 8pm. There are designated rooms and spaces available to you for drying.
To achieve a good indoor climate in your flat, two things are necessary above all: Heat and ventilate sufficiently. This is the only way to prevent mould from developing. We have outlined the most important tips for you on a fact sheet.(1)
(1) On a fact sheet that you received with your rental contract, you will find important advice on the issue of “damp in the flat”.
You have the opportunity to dispose of your bulky refuse twice a year. You can choose whether you want to dispose of the bulky refuse yourself or if you would like it to be collected by the council. (1)
(1) More information can be found on the City of Erlangen homepage or by phoning (+49 9131) 862014.
Secure your flat before going away: Close all of the windows, unplug all electrical appliances and do not leave any devices on standby. Ideally, leave a contact number with a neighbour or friend, which you can be reached on in an emergency while on holiday.
You may invite visitors to your flat as often as you like. Please, however, take your neighbours into consideration. If somebody is living with you permanently, please inform us using the tenants' portal.
Congratulations! Please send us a copy of your marriage certificate. Let us know if your name needs to be changed on your bell or letterbox.
Neighbours should treat each other in a considerate manner. Try to resolve differences of opinion by having a friendly discussion. If a neighbour continually disturbs you, and talking does not resolve the issue, then please contact our customer service team using the tenants' portal. We will then find a solution together.
Your flat is your home. In certain instances, however, we will need access to your flat: to take meter readings for electricity or water or to carry out repairs, for example. Please also allow prospective tenants to visit your flat - only after a prior appointment has been arranged of course.
In case of fire or an accident, please call the telephone number 112. Provide the following information: Who reported the emergency? What has happened? How many people are injured? Where did this take place?
You must prepare a notice of termination signed by the tenant (signed by the tenants) and submit it to us. The legal notice period is three months. (1)
(1) Your account manager will send you a confirmation of the termination of the contract. In it they will explain the next course of action and arrange an appointment with you.
You must prepare a notice of termination signed by the tenant (signed by the tenants) and submit it to us. The legal notice period is four weeks.
If both tenants have signed the rental contract, it can then only be terminated by both tenants. We offer you the option to amend the rental contract. Please get in touch with us via the tenants' portal.
Together, we agree what work needs doing, such as painting or putting up wallpaper, in a Provisional Acceptance agreement. We then also agree which repairs you need to carry out. These repairs should make the flat fully functional again.
Fundamentally, you should leave the flat in such a condition that the new tenant can move in without any issues. We have created a check list with the most important points for you. (1)
(1) The check list: Have you removed all of your furniture? If nothing had been agreed in writing, have you removed any additional fittings or undone any structural changes? Has any damage been repaired that was not caused by normal wear and tear? Have all of the agreed cosmetic repairs been carried out? Have you returned all of the keys you were given to the flat when you accepted it?
The law requires a reimbursement within six months of the termination of the rental agreement. We usually pay the deposit back significantly sooner than this.